Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
The Layer5 Internship Program offers students and graduates an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of the fast-moving world of cloud native. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
What You Will Learn
In this position, you will collaborate with our core team in the creation of entirely new web sites and existing sites. Your work will include maintaining the consistency of our brand while uplifting and modernizing our users interfaces through new design techniques and tools. We have multiple internships for the Summer and Fall. This is an extremely dynamic position and a great opportunity for an entry level visual designer and aspiring web programmer to build their skills and their career. The Visual UI Designer Intern will work closely with the open source community and broad set of Layer5 academic and technology partners. The ideal candidate is analytical and good with numbers and is driven to succeed with little supervision. You are someone who works well in a team and takes pride in helping a company succeed and grow and are willing to put in the work needed to become a valued member of an evolving marketing team.
As a Layer5 UI Visual Designer Intern, you responsible for web-based styling, creating designs and graphics, page layouts, logos, color schemes, brand kits and new site functionality on the many sites operated by Layer5. You will engage with users and the community to solicit and incorporate feedback on designs in an iterative and evolving process. You will enhance their human-centered design (HCD) techniques, producing software so intuitive that documentation isn't necessary.
- An excellent eye for detail and thorough accuracy.
- Stays abreast of latest trends and tools.
- Competent with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Comfortable with wireframing.
- Versed in color theory and typography.
- Strong ability to work with stakeholders.
- Strong HTML5, CSS3 and SASS skills.
- SVG animation and CSS animation experience.
- Maintain and evolve the branding style guide for web properties.
- Availability to work at least 20 hours a week (40 hours a week internships also available).
- The ability to embody Layer5’s cultural values among peers and across the community.
- A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong ability to build relationships with community members and keep others informed.
- A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas.
- A shared appreciation for our core values of continual learning, making strategic decisions with fast execution, and creating a platform for shared success.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.