Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
Worlds.org is a remote-first studio and R&D group creating novel tools & multiplayer experiences using Unreal Engine 5.
With a war chest of >$8M in VC funding, we are building a lean, remote-first of creative technologists to delight players and push gaming technology to its limits.
As a Game Designer at Worlds you will be the creative force and visionary for our upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter (FPS) game, crafted with the power of Unreal Engine 5. This position is pivotal in shaping the design, mechanics, and overall player experience.
- Develop and define game concepts and mechanics that resonate with the FPS community.
- Conduct extensive market research to understand current trends and analyze competing titles.
- Engage with the gaming community to gather feedback and continuously iterate on design elements.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure a cohesive and enthralling gaming experience.
- Employ rapid prototyping to test hypotheses and refine gameplay elements.
- Utilize Unreal Engine 5 to its fullest potential and integrate tools and features for optimization.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Deep-rooted passion and understanding of the FPS genre, and the ability to forecast future trends.
- Expertise in Unreal Engine 5. Familiarity with UEFN is a plus.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your game design skills.
- Proven experience in cross-functional team management.
- Aptitude for rapid iteration and prototyping.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your time efficiently.
- 5+ years experience in a producer, creative lead, or game designer role
- You excel at working independently, without excessive structure or oversight
- Industry-leading compensation + equity package
- Accelerated promotion and senior leadership opportunities
- Remote work, no 'camera-on' policy for meetings
- Worlds.org operates on a remote-first basis. The position is fully remote and open to candidates worldwide.
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation
- No internal emails or Slack
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.