Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
We make elegant iOS-based photo booths connected to peripherals like printers, DSLR cameras, and LEDs. Our iOS app and React web-based product are both powered by a Node API, MongoDB database, and several microservices.
If you are a kind, respectful, and thoughtful Director of QA who wants to help increase the quality of both our software and leadership of our engineering organization, we're looking for you!
You'll be leading of three manual QA testers, collaborating with product and development teams, and improving our processes, metrics, and transparency so we can deliver outstanding, bulletproof products. We're looking for your guidance and experience to help us improve our products, as well as guide and mentor the team of QA engineers.
We are a data-driven department and company, so you'll be expected to back up your recommendations with evidence of their effectiveness.
You'd be working in a collaborative, remote-first environment, but we respect the need for independent and heads-down deep work, so we don't have a lot of meetings or bureaucracy. If you are looking for a workplace that respects you as a person, and will both expect and help you to perform at your best, we are the place for you!
- Help us build great software!
- Work with other QA and engineering team members to improve overall software quality.
- Recommend and implement QA process improvements. Tools, methodologies, automations, etc. We're looking for you to use your brainpower and figure out what makes sense at this company and team.
- Improve transparency of our software quality to the engineering team and the whole company. What's our test coverage across our product suites? How long does it take us to fix bugs? How many defects do we find at various phases of development? We have lots of questions that we'd love to have answered.
- Provide technical guidance for other QA engineers.
- Provide technical oversight for our manual and automated test suite.
- Most importantly, you MUST be kind, respectful, and thoughtful. Strong opinions are very welcome. Jerks are not.
- Secondly, you must be willing to work in the context of a team. We're not looking for a lone wolf or a dictator.
- Experience and a solid track record of helping a growth stage SaaS company implement QA best practices.
- Ideally you have both manual and automated QA experience at some point in your career.
- Track record of helping teams QA high-quality, battle-tested software.
- Experience with all the basics: Agile PM tools like Trello, Asana, Shortcut, Jira; communication tools like Slack, etc
- We are a remote-first company, but you need several hours of overlap with Pacific Time so you can collaborate synchronously with the team. You will need to confirm that you reside within GMT-8 to GMT-3.
🏥 Health Benefits
📚 Education Stipend
💰 Bonus Plan
🏝️ Annual Retreat
✈️ Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
💼 Quarterly Financial Meetings
📊 Open Book Management
💪 Intimate Team
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.