Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
Social Discovery Group is the world's largest group of social discovery companies which unites more than 50 brands, an investment fund and a venture studio. For more than 20 years we have been creating premium international dating services and in our SDG Lab we develop and test new products with a focus on video streaming, AI technologies, entertainment, and game mechanics. Our products are already used by more than 500 million users in 150 countries around the world. We create the #1 company in the new social life.
Our international team of more than 700 professionals and digital nomads works all over the world. Our international team of like-minded people and professionals solves ambitious tasks every day and creates truly global products. We value focusing on results, proactive approach, and we are always for new and unconventional ideas.
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Lead Database Administrator to work on our SDG lab products.
Your tasks will be:
- Leading a small DBA group as a player-manager;
- Creation of advanced T-SQL scripts on MS SQL 2008-2019. SQL solution review, analysis of code execution plans (e.g. stored procedures executed tens of millions of times a day), solving problems with execution plans;
- Optimizing the performance of the database infrastructure (queries, indexes, locks, disk resources, memory, etc.). Using different tools to assess system bottlenecks. Solving performance problems in a short time;
- Updating production with patches in automatic, less often manual mode, analysis of errors and problems;
- Replications (transactional, snapshot, merge), Log Shipping, AlwaysOn;
- Assistance to other departments in obtaining data. Using Reporting Services, Integration Services, Analysis Services;
- Tasks of optimizing the administration of multiple SQL servers. Carrying out routine work with the database (archiving strategies, recovery strategies, security strategies, checking the correctness of data, etc.);
- Working with DBMS MongoDB, MySQL, ClickHouse;
- Working with highly loaded databases for tens of Tb, with billions of requests per day, hundreds of millions of new rows per day.
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server 2008-2019;
- 2+ years of experience in managing a team;
- Knowledge of the structure and engine Microsoft SQL Server;
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL, extensive experience in scripting as a developer, experience in writing stored procedures, UDFs, triggers, working with distributed transactions, knowledge of the basic principles of relational DBMS);
- Knowledge and ability to apply methods for optimizing SQL queries, stored procedures and functions;
- Ability to understand other people's code;
- Ability to find logical errors in the database structure and code;
- English & Russian language
Nice to have:
- Availability of Microsoft courses and certificates;
- Knowledge of programming languages;
- Experience in companies supporting large sites;
- Understanding of the full cycle of software development;
- Experience with data storage systems;
- Administration of Windows networks;
- Experience with version control systems.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary;
- Loyalty bonuses, referral bonuses, bonuses for extraordinary achievements;
- Health benefits (either Corporate Medical Insurance or compensation for the paychecks, depends on the location);
- 7 additional sick days a year (days off), which can be used to deal with domestic issues, to take a rest and recover without taking sick leave;
- Access to a wide range of personal training and development programs;
- Library of technical and business literature, lectures on Art&Technology and healthy lifestyle;
- Internal gamified gratitude system: bonuses from colleagues which you may exchange them for day off, merch, team building activities, massage certificates, etc;
- Children’s education reimbursement. 50% compensation for the costs of kindergarten or school, up to $1000 gross per year per a child according to the paychecks.
- Workplace organization (in the locations where we don't have offices or co-workings there's compensation for your workplace up to $ 1000 gross once every 3 years according to the paychecks -- rent of the co-working room, equipping the working place at home (desk, chair, Internet, etc.)
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.