Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 600+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 100M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You are a master of coding languages with a designer's eye for detail. You know how to see through the eyes of the user and develop a smooth platform experience. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously. You have been working in or dreamed of working in the gaming industry and are ready to turn your talents towards chess!
What You’ll Do
Through a combination of design, technology, and programming to code you will ensure our platform is a seamless experience
You will maintain the system by identifying and fixing bugs
You will collaborate with design and development teams to implement new features and products.
- Expert level CSS knowledge including Flexbox and Grid layout
- Expert level CSS preprocessor knowledge including SCSS
- Familiar with local scope CSS strategies such as Scoped CSS and CSS Variables
- Ability to create pixel perfect, fully responsive design implementations with minimal CSS
- Works well with others doing PRs, code reviews, etc
- Experience working with diverse teams, large projects, and high-traffic sites is a bonus
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full time or equivalent position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants from anywhere!
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.