Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
As a Technical Product Owner at Nillion, inside our product team, you will play a crucial role in driving the success of our project by effectively managing the product development process, optimizing workflows, and facilitating seamless communication between cross-functional teams. You will be responsible for translating the company's vision into actionable plans, ensuring efficient execution, and delivering high-quality products and features on the Nillion network.
Nillion is a remote-first organization primarily focused on European and US East Coast time zones. Some travel may be required.
- Deep understanding of product development lifecycles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Ability to build, manage and prioritize product roadmaps in an effective manner, in line with company strategy.
- Proven experience in Agile environments, running productive Scrum ceremonies and processes, owning and prioritizing team backlogs, and driving user stories to completion.
- Experience working closely with engineering teams to bridge the gap between technical requirements and business objectives.
- Ability to analyze and refine processes for maximum efficiency and success, adapting plans as needed.
- Familiarity with the intersection of cryptography and technology, facilitating capabilities in the product management and development of technical infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of relevant mathematical concepts to assist in decision-making and problem-solving (e.g. understands algorithms, equations etc.).
- Basic Python programming experience for technical understanding and collaboration with engineering teams.
- Proficiency in creating and maintaining thorough documentation of technical requirements, while tracking progress, decisions and changes.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy in communication, documentation, and project management.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple tasks, projects, and engineering teams effectively (deep experience with Asana is a plus).
- Skills in discerning between essential issues and less critical topics, making informed decisions that align with the project roadmap and goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ensuring effective conveyance of ideas, progress, and issues to stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Product Owner, ideally managing projects involving infrastructure, cryptography, and research-orientated teams.
- Background in engineering, computer science or mathematics.
- Knowledge and understanding of blockchain and web3 markets, ecosystems and ethos is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate lifestyles and a globally distributed team.
- Competitive compensation package.
Make a big impact as an early contributor to an incredible founding team.
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field.
- Learn from world class systems engineering, cryptography, and product domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture.
- You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore! Nillion are fully remote, but value regular meet-ups.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.