Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
NEAR is a next-generation blockchain technology focused on developing innovative solutions on the NEAR blockchain platform. We are seeking a talented and creative web developer with UI / UX design expertise to join our team and play a pivotal role in building impactful user interfaces and experiences for decentralized applications.
As a Web Designer working with NEAR Builders Cooperative, you will be responsible for creating visually appealing and user-centric interfaces on the blockchain operating system. You will work closely with our teams to translate concepts into functional and interactive React-style components, ensuring a seamless and engaging user experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and user needs.
- Design and develop user interfaces for decentralized applications using React-style components built using the blockchain operating system.
- Create visually stunning and user-friendly UI designs, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Develop reusable and responsive React-style components that integrate seamlessly with the NEAR blockchain.
- Optimize user experiences by implementing effective UI/UX design principles and industry best practices.
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and gather feedback to iterate on designs and improve user satisfaction.
- Collaborate with front-end and contract developers to ensure smooth integration of UI components with indexer systems (Query API, etc.)
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and design standards related to blockchain and UI/UX design.
- Participate in design reviews, brainstorming sessions, and contribute innovative ideas to enhance product aesthetics and functionality.
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and understanding of decentralized application architecture, particularly on the NEAR blockchain, is a plus.
- Ability to create wireframes, prototypes, and mockups that effectively communicate design concepts and translate them into the unique BOS dev environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work openly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail, creativity, and a passion for delivering high-quality products.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) is preferred.
The first project aims to build a chatroom-esque app that curates together feeds and allows the users to create exclusive rooms. The rooms will be fully customizable, allowing users to add their own features and swap out with their own templates. It may be wrong to call these “Chats”, because they’re more like curated feeds. We’re building a tool for users to create, manage, and view theirs and other’s curations.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.