Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
Remote (Full remote)
What you’ll do
- Backend Topics: TypeScript, Node.js, Kotlin, Lua, Language Server, Git
- Frontend Topics: TypeScript, CSS, Vue
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have a particular impact across your team.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity. Exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of your team.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment.
- Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Represent GitLab and its values in public communication around broader initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
- Confidently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Improve the engineering projects at GitLab via the maintainer program at own comfortable pace, while striving to become a project maintainer.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.