Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
Qualio is on a mission to empower life science teams to launch and scale life-saving products. We’re doing that by building a connected and integrated quality management platform for the entire life science ecosystem. Qualio is trusted by 100s of highly regulated international customers, ranging from the bleeding edge of computational biology and machine learning to household names in mRNA vaccine development.
The Qualio team is all-remote, and currently distributed across North America, Europe and Australia.
What’s the opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing accounting team assisting with the daily operations of our accounting and finance department. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working independently, that thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, and has experience in Quickbooks Online, Bill.com, Brex, and Maxio (FKA SaaS Optics or Chargify). Additionally, someone with a strong background in accounting with the ability to assist in monthly, quarterly, and annual close and improve processes.
What will I be doing?
- Managing accounts receivables and accounts payables
- Reconciling bank and credit card accounts monthly
- Recording transactions in Quickbooks Online
- Billing customers and managing subscriptions in billing system
- Applying customer payments in billing system
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes
- Document processes for key accounting functions
- Responding to information requests and assisting with audits
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Assisting the Controller as needed.
What skills do I need?
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Experience assisting with ERP and billing system migrations or implementations
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and practices and a working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to describe accounting systems and processes in written correspondence
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel (i.e. pivot tables, lookups, advanced formulas)
- Knowledge of Subscription Software (Recurly, Maxio, Chargebee, Zuora, etc.) and CRM (Salesforce)(DealHub)
- Proactive, self-sufficient, and organized
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Strong priority management skills
- SaaS industry experience, ideally at a high growth startup, a plus
- CPA, a plus
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401k
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Dependent & Health FSA, Short/Long Term Disability, Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Company allowance for home office supplies
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Opportunity to make a difference through helping life-saving products get to market
A note to candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.