Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
Circle is building the world’s leading all-in-one platform for online communities. We make it possible for creators, coaches, educators, and businesses to bring together their audience with engaging discussions, live streams, events, chat, courses, and payments — all in one place, all under their own brand.
We’re proud to be a fully remote company of around 120 (and growing!) team members from 30+ countries around the world. We strive to find exceptional talent, empower them to do their best work, and in turn, have a meaningful impact in their own lives. We don’t track hours, but we manage for outcomes in an a-synchronous culture.
Twice a year, we bring the whole company together for incredible company retreats in beautiful places around the world!
About the role
Our Data team is crushing it, and we’re expanding! Circle takes a data-driven approach to building and improving our incredible product. We’re looking for a Data Analyst to support the business and enable our growth functions.
Circle’s Data Analyst will support our revenue and growth teams by improving the accuracy, accessibility, and impact of our data environment. We are looking for an individual who can contribute their considerable experience into scaling a powerful Data team, and who can help build, maintain, and improve our business’ data environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading and managing data analysis projects where you apply statistical and analytical techniques to explore, visualize, and analyze data. Identifying patterns, trends, and correlations in the data to provide actionable recommendations that support our strategy and decision-making.
- Creating clear and concise reports, dashboards, and data visualizations to communicate findings and insights using tools like Looker and Metabase.
- Overseeing data collection from multiple sources, including databases, APIs, and external datasets. Ensuring the integration and transformation of data for analysis purposes.
- Developing and implementing advanced statistical models for forecasting, optimization, and other business applications.
- Maintaining comprehensive documentation of data sources, methodologies, and analysis procedures to ensure transparency and knowledge transfer.
- Ensuring data quality, accuracy, and consistency through data validation and quality assurance procedures. Implementing data governance practices.
- Collaborating closely with business stakeholders, decision-makers, and other data-driven team members to understand business objectives and deliver insights that align with organizational goals.
- Staying current with the latest trends and advancements in data analysis, tools, and technologies. Recommending and implementing process improvements to enhance data analysis capabilities.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Strong alignment with our values, find our values on our career page if you haven’t read up on them yet.
- You are proficient in English (spoken, written, and reading) at a CEFR Level C2 / ILR Level 5.
- 2+ years of experience in a professional role as a Data Analyst who uses complex SQL queries to produce reports and analyses.
- Familiarity with a modern data tech stack, with products including Redshift, dbt, a BI visualization tool, and a data observation tool.
- Experience in a fast-moving startup environment where an analyst serves and prioritizes data requests from multiple functions and stakeholders.
- A solid understanding of the typical data structure behind SaaS products like Circle.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to take initiative while being highly analytical, capable of delivering on goals with minimal supervision.
$90,000 – $110,000 a year
Cash compensation is a starting point, and we want all of our team members to be able to grow in their roles. In addition to equity, benefits and perks, our cash compensation is subject to an annual review and increase on a once per year basis on the hire date anniversary.
The fun stuff
- Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
- Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
- Paid time away: all employees are given 35 days of PTO annually.
- Generous U.S. benchmarked compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.
- Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family, or medical reimbursement options where applicable!
- Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
- Learning & development stipend to help you level up your professional skills.
- Annual bonus potential for roles that don’t already receive variable income or commission.
- Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia, Portugal, and Mexico, with more planned on the horizon.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.