Remote Jobs on AfriSplash Remotely
The gateway to Africa's remote workforce🌍
Anywhere (Full remote)
Senior Data Analyst
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and dashboards in the corporate BI suite to illuminate and communicate important learning.
- Create complex queries for business intelligence reporting and for ad hoc data validations.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and debugging complex SQL queries.
- Capable of optimizing SQL queries, reports and dashboards.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies and develop a holistic overall picture of performance and opportunities for improvement
- Ensure data accuracy and reliability by implementing data validation processes and monitoring data pipelines.
- Communicate changes, insights, and recommendations to main stakeholders and other relevant departments. Manage stakeholder expectations and ensure alignment with business goals.
- Document analysis methodologies, data sources, and findings to contribute to the knowledge repository of the team.
- Familiar with any source control management process.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior data analysts within the team, sharing knowledge, best practices, and fostering their professional growth.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging trends in data analysis and business intelligence.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field such as Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data analysis
- Strong analytical capabilities to be able to use diverse datasets to identify insights
- Problem-solving skills to be able to make recommendations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to present ideas clearly to senior management and the data team
- 5+ years of experience working with different relational databases and Warehouses like SQL Server, Big Query, Snowflake, Redshift (preferred).
- Experience working with diverse data sources like Google Analytics, APIs, and social media.
- 5+ years of experience working with BI tools like Power BI and Tableau (Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience writing and maintaining complex SQL queries
- Experience with R/python for data analysis
- Working knowledge of Git
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.